Baby Sounds


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, June 4, 2010

School's Out!

SUMMER....What a wonderful time of year! As much as I will miss my little first graders, I am ready for a nice, long, relaxing break...a time to catch up on sleep, be a wife, work on continuing to organize our home, make delicious meals, spend time with friends and spend more time with God. Most of the year, I struggle to balance it all and often times laundry piles up, dishes pile up, mealtimes are rushed and conversations with Gary are few and far between. I really pray that we can have a more balanced life where there aren't so many hours that we spend apart due to our opposing hours, but for now, we are blessed to have great jobs and I even get some recovery time from my job!

Today was the last day of school, which is always very special! We began the day with a beautiful Holy Hour where we prayed for all students/staff...for those who've offended us and those we've offended...for those whom we need to forgive...we have some time for silence (which was beautiful) and ended with a Rosary, led by our graduating seniors, who approached the altar and knelt with such maturity (and they were dressed so nicely!-the boys in suits and ties and the girls in dresses!)...after the Holy Hour, I got to spend a very short time with my class, then we walked over to the Oratory for Mass, followed by Graduation-which is always very special. To put on that cap and gown every year and hear the speeches of the valedictorian, salutatorian, and words from our principal, it just makes me tear up at how beautiful this education is. We educate the WHOLE person, and teach them about truth, beauty and goodness! It's wonderful to end the day (half day) with a schoolwide (k-12) slideshow that looks back at the past year. (and especially wonderul to me as I always submit Gary's pictures that he kindly captures all year while I'm busy with the children, during some of our most memorable days.)

All in all, this was a GREAT school year for me....actually the best one yet, but also the hardest. It was the best because I was Miss Spenik in the fall and Mrs. Huber by Christmas! And it was such a darling class too-they are so sharp! But the hardest part was definitely trying to balance a new life of marriage with a very heavy workload that accreditation brings (plus all the regular duties of being a classroom teacher of young children)!

When I got home this was waiting for me:

What a sweet thought! Gary knew how special this day was for me and how hard I have worked this year to get to this point!!! It was a day of accomplishment and he thought of everything-beautiful roses and a heartfelt card (and the envelope says: Mrs. Huber "My Queen"). Gary, you are my best friend, my Sweetheart!

Thank you, Lord, for a most special 2009-2010 school year. I give you all the glory!

I will praise you, LORD, with all my heart; I will declare all your wondrous deeds. I will delight and rejoice in you!
Psalm 9:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Background