Baby Sounds


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

16 weeks

FINALLY!!!

I have returned to (somewhat) my old self. I have energy. I even have hunger. And I can cook meals without being nauseous. I am not yet eating the meals I cook, but it's a start just to be able to cook.

We've been so busy with shooting weddings and First Communion, even a family photo shoot...that I haven't had time to be nauseous. So I think the trick is to stay busy. Whenever we have company, I seem to feel better. (Good to know for my next pregnancy since I'm sure this baby will be crawling or walking by then and he/she will be keeping me very busy).

I wanted to document this pregnancy as much as I could so that I could remember stuff (and I type much faster than I write), but I have gotten so behind. So let's see some of the stuff I have been eating/avoiding:

weeks 6-8: mostly saltines, ginger ale, and cheese if I could get it down
weeks 9-16: graduated to other very bland things like apples, salad, or anything simple and meatless.

definitely no meat until week 16. and no coffee as I had previously posted. oh and ya know what else? No chocolate! seriously! my favorite food is now something I could care less about!

by week 16 I figured out that I needed some kind of protein and Boar's Head lunch meat became my new favorite on Publix White Mountain bread (forget the healthy Ezekiel stuff I used to eat). Of course with the risk of listeria (bacteria) I have to cook my lunchmeat in the microwave...which I don't mind. My new obsession: A sandwich with blazing buffalo chicken, genoa salami, and chive spread. I've eaten it most every day for lunch and one day I ate it THREE times for breakfast, lunch and dinner. *blushing with embarassment now*

Anyway, my diet is slowly improving and I was even able to get out and have a date with my dear friend, Melissa at the Bean. I couldn't eat or drink anything, but it's a start!

I would love to keep writing, but I gotta go make me a sandwich now. hmmm Shall I name this child Buffalo Genoa Huber? haha

1 comment:

  1. Love all these notes. And yes, I remember that date at the Bean, it was so nice to see you - felt it had been SO long! And you were sparkling and lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Baby Background