Baby Sounds


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

Photobucket

Finally: the day I have been waiting for - to celebrate this wonderful man. I was literally up most of the night so giddy with excitement that I could hardly sleep. Upon Gary waking, I pretended to be sleeping, only to jump out of bed a few minutes later to say, "Happy Father's Day!!!!"

We were going to meet my parents for Mass and then have breakfast here. Later in the day we were hosting a second meal here at our home: BBQ with the Hubers. Even though we had a long day ahead of us full of cooking and entertaining...I wanted to take a little while that morning to celebrate Gary as a Father of course. I couldn't wait to give him this:

Photobucket

Photobucket

And inside: a letter from his child. What an amazing moment it was to hear him read those words.

Photobucket

And I had found some great sales on some of his favorite clothing...just a few new outfits I knew he was going to need once baby comes. Also I found him the perfect, classic Father's Day shirt. It is so wonderful to see him in this role.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Time to get the grill fired up for Gary's famous ribs. What a delicious meal! He even made the BBQ sauce this year. YUM.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was a really nice day. Lots of yummy food and celebrating with each of our Dads...we couldn't be more blessed! We love you, Dad. Thank you for giving us life and for giving us one another.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Background