Baby Sounds


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Readying your room...

Now that I am starting to feel nauseous pretty much all day every day...I am feeling more and more confident in this pregnancy. When I do get a moment of relief I love to start planning for this little one!

Today I started looking at bedding options online as we want to find something boyish and girlish to go with yellow (the color of your room!) I really like the more subtle solids than all the detail and characters that most beddings come with. My first choice would be a simple blue or pink with some pretty details of course. But it may be more cost effective to go with a neutral so that someday your siblings can use it too! We have so much to do in your nursery to get ready for you. Right now I still have teaching things in there (books, charts, baskets) even though I got rid of 90% of it when I quit teaching. I am also going to box up most of the children's books since that will be at least 1 year off. If I remember correctly, Gianna started "reading" books around 15 months or so.

So I took most of the children's books that I had on this shelf:

Photobucket

and began packing them...

Photobucket

And then I took most everything that had to do with teaching that I still wanted to keep (gotten rid of most of it) and put it in the last bin I could find:

Photobucket
It's all ready to go into the garage :) Thankfully it has wheels, because it sure is heavy!

Photobucket

Soon we will ask the current residents of this nursery to move out :(

Photobucket

They don't mind, as there is a cozy tree by the window in their new room :)

As we get your room more cleaned out and organized we can make room for baby stuff. Right now there's a very large white armoire in there that takes up a LOT of space. After we put a crib and a changing table in there, I'm not sure there will be much space left for even a rocking chair. And I'm not sure you will be able to see any of the actual (yellow) walls. This room is small, but God gave it to us and it's perfect!

Your Grandma and I went shopping at Babies r Us this week. She had a gift to buy for a friend of hers and we started looking around at cribs and bedding. It was so much fun! I even got to park in the stork spots labeled: This parking reserved for expectant mothers!

Photobucket

We also shopped for a long time at Penneys to find a dress or two to "grow with me" as I get larger. I needed to find something for Easter and Tina's wedding, but I think I can wear it for several months after that. I want to be a glowing pregnant Momma!!!! It was a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Background